Saturday, December 12, 2009

Night Owl Paper Goods Calendar

One of my favorite things to obsessively shop for is calendars - big wall ones, small desk ones, yearly ones, daily ones. For me calendars represent an opportunity to combine art with function (what's more practical than marking and tracking time) in daily life. So, choosing the right calendar(s) to adorn my apartment and office can be a long, thoughtful process for me. What images do I want to define the year?

For now, I've chosen this Night Owl Paper Goods desk calendar. It comes with 6 (two-sided) wooden slides, one for each month, that you stick in a plastic display case. I love the simplicity of the graphics and the thinly sliced wood (which is eco-friendly sustainably harvested yellow birch). More and more designers seem to be utilizing wood - I've seen jewelry, wall art, vases, and many more design objects celebrating its raw quality.

You can buy this calendar and other Night Owl Paper Goods items at http://nightowlpapergoods.com/

1 comment:


  1. If some one wants expert view concerning blogging afterwards I recommend him/her to see this web site, Keep up the pleasant job,https://my-blogging-channel-15.webself.net/blog/2021/03/14/will-authorize-gambling-benefit-sustainability-let-s-study%21

    ReplyDelete